About Our Yarns
Alice Starmore Hebridean is the ultimate in luxury pure wool yarns.
This is because ...
• We buy Premium Quality pure new British wool fleece.
• This pure new wool is then dyed in the fleece by experts.
• The dyed wool fibres are then meticulously blended to unique recipes created by Alice, based on her personal interpretations of the Hebridean landscape.
• These unique blends are then spun, plied and hand-skeined. In the process, we take care to ensure that any flaws are eliminated.
• The skeins are then hand-washed and dried in the Hebridean air.
• Yarns that are so soft that they can be worn next to the skin, yet are strong, versatile and made to last.
• Colour blends by a master designer that are full of life and have a magical way of working together and responding to changing light – just like the Hebridean landscape.
• Luxury yarns at an affordable price. By selling directly we can keep prices as low as possible. Compare the price of our artisan yarns with those of lesser-quality mass-produced yarns: you will be surprised and impressed.
To read about the process, history and inspirations behind the Alice Starmore Hebridean yarn range follow the links above, or to browse our yarns click below.